It’s National Novel Writing Month. And you probably know that or you wouldn’t have found your way here. But if you do need to know more about NaNoWriMo, go here.
How to do NaNoWriMo
(All links open a new tab.)
- Bookmark this page. (You’ll really want to come back here to do step 6).
- Join the sacnano Facebook group.
- Join the SacNaNo server on Discord.
- Sign up at nanowrimo.org, where you can do these things:
- Find the Sacramento region and join it. Then, on the region page you’ll see a link for step 6 (or you can use the link in the step 6 description):
- Visit the Sacramento regional forum, and introduce yourself on the Introductions thread. (prominent link in the Description column on the left of the region page.)
- Check out the other topics in the Regional Forum.
- Go back to the region page or anywhere on nanowrimo.org. Create your nanowrimo profile (under the MY NANOWRIMO tab).
- On the same page, announce your project for this November.
- Look at the sacnano Google calendar below, and see what write-ins work for you. What’s a write-in, you ask? (Find the full-size calendar here.)